June 23, 2018

New Deposits – New Municipal Accounts

New Deposits – Just Purchased a Property?

Municipality Assistance

Once your transferring attorney has successfully transferred your new property into your name, he/she will send a letter to the council advising it of the registration of transfer. The transferring attorney’s job is now complete and you are responsible for ensuring new municipal accounts are opened in your name. You should receive your first account within two months after transfer. The account charges should include:

Sectional Title Units: Assessment Rates and Refuse

Full Title Stands: Assessment Rates Refuse, Sewer, Water and Electricity

A contract for the supply of water and electricity needs to be signed and a deposit paid (unless the stand is vacant or you are billed directly by your Homeowner’s Association or Eskom)

Contact Us